Friday, October 26, 2012

yayyyyy It's Friday

I love Friday's , likely because I don't go into my regular job. I do have a few things to get done today..I now have my business cards in two real estate offices, and am going to a 3rd today. I'm also going to work on an ad in the local paper. I'm so pumped to get this new career off the ground. I've been a bit lax since I got my mortgage agent licence but mainly because I didn't have the money to proceed with advertising etc. Gotta have money to make money they say- I wonder who 'they' are!

Are you a fan of Pinterest? At first I wasn't, didn't need yet another 'thing' to keep me preoccupied on the computer, but then Krystal sent me an invitation to join so I thought, ok ok I'll check it out. I asked some friends a bit ago if they ever go back and use any of the things they've pinned, and for the most part they said no. I kind of chuckled as at that point I hadn't used anything I've pinned either, but last Friday, I did.
I was checking it out and came across an very tasty recipe for pulled taco chicken in the crock pot. I decided to make it that day and wow, it was awesome!! It's would be fairy healthy too (depending on what you do with it afterward). It was just boneless skinless chicken breast, a package of Taco seasoning (I used Epicure's) and salsa...when it's cooked pull it all apart and serve on tortillas. It was awesome!!

A small update with my health for ya.

I found a small lump a few months back on the left breast...so promptly had things checked out. I had a few tests to complete including a needle biopsy with my surgeon to make sure it wasn't anything to worry about. I'm glad to report it was nothing, just dense tissue. I am still 100% , and am now being checked yearly every April!!

I think I had mentioned way back when I was in active treatment that a good friend of mine was also in treatment at the same time. It was her second bout with lymphoma...everything was going great too. We both finished our treatments around the same time and it was looking good. Well, she started having health issues, which included a really bad dose of shingles. Apparently shingles are quite coming after chemo but no one bothered to tell either of us. There is something they can give cancer patients to help prevent them but Joan wasn't given that. Long story short, she ended up having a stroke because of it, and even then started to recover but things just weren't right. Well after a long battle with just about everything you could throw at this woman, she lost her battle a couple of months ago. She was one of the most caring women I know...was there for everyone that needed anything. I still have her emails that we shared during our treatments. She was only in her early 50's and has left behind a wonderful husband and 5 kids. Two are step kids, three are hers with the  youngest 2 being 11 year old twins. Sad and just not fair.

Well, I should run and get ready and get this to do list covered...

Keep Smilin'

3 comments:

VaryScrappy said...

T~glad to hear that the needle biopsy showed that it was just dense tissue! YAY!

I think that I have made the same pulled chicken...it's one of Allen's favourites.

Take care Chickie! <3

Michelle said...

Oh I am so so sorry to hear about your friend. No, it isn't fair!!! Her poor family. I am glad to hear you are doing well.
I have pinned a bunch of stuff. Yes, I do use or try what I have pinned. Made lot of recipes. There are a lot of good ones. I have one in the crock pot right now. :) Used some of the scrap stuff I have found.

Have a good weekend.

Melaniehevesi CA said...

Thanks for the wonderful piece of blog. Get the most updated weather conditions and forecasts for minden cottage, Canada. My goal is to provide you with as much information as possible to help in your decision making process, from details regarding minden cottage, to things every buyer or seller should know. I also feel that it is important for you to know about our great community, so I will continually add information about the area, including upcoming events. Thanks for sharing....Melaniehevesi.com